which skimmer for innovative marine 40L?

harkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall,

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what skimmer should I get for my Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Pro 2 - 40L (40 gallons)? I’ve never used a skimmer before so any information on which one is a good brand which chamber to put it in is greatly appreciated, thank you!

IMG_5100.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never found a good skimmer for a small tank like that. The fluval ps1 I think is the smallest skimmer, but I did not like the performance and removed it from my tank after a few weeks.

Is there any specific reason you want a skimmer?

Nitrates can easily be handled in this small tank with weekly water changes. If you intend to oxygenate the water, that can be accomplished by pointing a powerhead at the surface and creating lots of agitation.

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with mojo , in a 40ltr tank I wouldn't bother adding a skimmer . Won't see much benefit tbh . . Water changes will be sufficient.

OP
OP
harkey

harkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never found a good skimmer for a small tank like that. The fluval ps1 I think is the smallest skimmer, but I did not like the performance and removed it from my tank after a few weeks.

Is there any specific reason you want a skimmer?

Nitrates can easily be handled in this small tank with weekly water changes. If you intend to oxygenate the water, that can be accomplished by pointing a powerhead at the surface and creating lots of agitation.
That’s what I heard as well so I’m just doing my research because I wanted to add more fish maybe 2 more, but I’m scared that I’m overstocking it. I currently have 5 fish in it. Is it smart to add at least two more fish? also, just to clarify it’s a 40 gallon not litre! That’s just what the tank is called lol.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is a 40 long tank and not. 40 liter tank

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I heard as well so I’m just doing my research because I wanted to add more fish maybe 2 more, but I’m scared that I’m overstocking it. I currently have 5 fish in it. Is it smart to add at least two more fish? also, just to clarify it’s a 40 gallon not litre! That’s just what the tank is called lol.
I think the Tunze 9004 is the best skimmer for that size tank! Very reliable and strong

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank BTW! I have the same tank - have not had a need for a skimmer yet, but I do have a Reef Glass one from my Red Sea that I could pull from storage if I find I want to use one. They make a nice no frills nano sized one that works great. My tank does run high nutrients, but the corals I have prefer it.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The IM skimmers designed for these tanks work really well. If you wanted to try one I have a used one I was selling for cheap. Only because it doesn’t fit in my IM drop off due to the return.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back