Which is the probable suspect?!!!!

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I put a molly miller blenny and pair of emerald crabs in a nano that had a black widow.

Next morning I wile up to find the black widow dead (and not rotting as it was perfectly healthy the day before).

Any i2deas? At first I thought it's the emerald crabs but now also thinking it could be the blenny given some ppl get it for aiptasia control.

Any thoughts pls?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a molly miller in my tank, and it went for my rock flowers. It took me a few weeks to figure it out, until I saw it blatantly eating my $150 prize RFA. I took my tank apart right away to get that fish out.

Terrible behavior, so I wouldn't put it past eating your black widow...... not to mention that its a very ugly fish.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a molly miller in my tank, and it went for my rock flowers. It took me a few weeks to figure it out, until I saw it blatantly eating my $150 prize RFA. I took my tank apart right away to get that fish out.

Terrible behavior, so I wouldn't put it past eating your black widow...... not to mention that its a very ugly fish.
Oh my ...so it is that stupid blenny. I will get rid of it I have lot of black widow nems in all three tanks.

I am also afraid of the crabs, think I should return them?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught my crabs eating corals at different times. But I don't know if they eat anemones, I've never seen it but I rarely ever kept crabs and anemones. Crabs are just bad IMO so I don't put them in my tanks anymore, only the critter tank.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught my crabs eating corals at different times. But I don't know if they eat anemones, I've never seen it but I rarely ever kept crabs and anemones. Crabs are just bad IMO so I don't put them in my tanks anymore, only the critter tank.
Strange thing I had emeralds before with my black widows, nothing ever happened

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back