Which LFS have seeded live rock?

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking for dry rock but real seeded rock with real color not the painted on color. I long for the real purples, yellows, reds etc we had when you could buy boxes to your door. So I am curious of any local stores have some seeded/farmed locally?

OP
OP
NeedAReef

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the stores around here have what you’re describing. You can buy ocean rock from KP Aquatic, Gulf Live Rock or Tampa Bay Saltwater and have it shipped to you.
thanks those are east coast which complicates shipping of course, anyone know of some west coast ones perhaps?

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks those are east coast which complicates shipping of course, anyone know of some west coast ones perhaps?
I’ve never bought from them, but Aquarium Arts in Bakersfield CA (I don’t think there’s any affiliation to the Aquarium Arts here in Mesa Az) claims to sell cultured live rock. It may not be any cheaper than shipping from the other options. I bought from TBS a couple years ago, and they shipped in water via air freight. Had it within a few hours of them dropping it off. The only downside was I had to go to the airport and pick it up.

Paul Balli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul from Seattle letting you know I received a shipment of live rock from KP Aquatics yesterday. Shipped from Ft Lauderdale via SW Air Cargo. Package left Florida at 530am and got to Seattle at 230pm. The rock was submerged in water and arrived in perfect shape (even with stops in St Louis and Denver). I definitely would recommend.

OP
OP
NeedAReef

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never bought from them, but Aquarium Arts in Bakersfield CA (I don’t think there’s any affiliation to the Aquarium Arts here in Mesa Az) claims to sell cultured live rock. It may not be any cheaper than shipping from the other options. I bought from TBS a couple years ago, and they shipped in water via air freight. Had it within a few hours of them dropping it off. The only downside was I had to go to the airport and pick it up.
Yeah big downside for me.... Sky harbor is a mess. Wonder if they can send to Mesa gateway? Much easier to get in and out of for me

OP
OP
NeedAReef

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul from Seattle letting you know I received a shipment of live rock from KP Aquatics yesterday. Shipped from Ft Lauderdale via SW Air Cargo. Package left Florida at 530am and got to Seattle at 230pm. The rock was submerged in water and arrived in perfect shape (even with stops in St Louis and Denver). I definitely would recommend.
Out of curiosity what did the shipping cost that's a long flight

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back