Which Protein skimmer ?

miamiangler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
11
Location
miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be setting up a 60gal reef with a 20gal sump refugium . Don't have too much room under the tank so which skimmer would be good . does anyone have any experience with the Bubble magus NAC 5.5 protein skimmer or SC Aquariums SCA-302 80gal slate water atman protein skimmer. also looking at the Bubble magus curv 5 protein skimmer .
 
Last edited:
I'm currently running the SCA 301 skimmer, but I'm starting to think its to small. I'm currently looking at the SCA 302 or the Bubble Magus curv 5.
 
Im running a Curve 7 on my 75 gal. Great skimmer, quiet, and pulls out some nasty junk.. Im sure the 5 would compare.
 
Thanks for your Input. I went for the Bubble magus NAC5.5 got it for $199.00 , hoping that is a good price !
 
Reef Octopus is hands down the most effective, best performing skimmer on the market today. I've had them all and this RO skimmer is amazing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new