Which protein skimmer?

kingdog22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them all. Reef Octopus is your best bet. Skimz are nice but they are extremely fragile! I've seen so many break for some reason. And you have to keep the pumps super clean. R.O. are user friendly and durable in my opinion.

PUR_salt_vettech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers, Im new to this amazing Eco friendly hooby. I have not decided which Protein skimmer to purchase. I looked into Amazon and tag this model:

Is this good, I plan to put it into a 20 or 30 high Sump. My aquarium is a 55Ga Tank. Already built my stand. Here the Rough Skeleton view of what DIY can do.... Im so impressed! I plan to use PVC board to cover wood and make cosmetic look nice.
Skeleton Stand 2017.jpg

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about using a pump to recicle water? Your term is pretty new to me. Sorry? but Im trying to see what I can do and something that will work longterm.
I recirculating skimmer uses separate pumps for water and for air, and can be run outside of your sump. If sump space is limited, and you want a bigger skimmer, it's a very nice option.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back