Which return pump on a budget for 40B?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blukraken
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Blukraken

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
40
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of budgeting out a 40 gallon breeder with a 20L sump and the necessary equipment needed. I know I am getting the Eshopps Eclipse L for a bean animal drain, but I don't know what a good return pump is for a reasonable price. A suggestion on a skimmer would be good too :grinning-face-with-sweat: . Any advice would help me a ton since this will be my first tank and sump build.
 
What kind of budget you on?

I would personally go with something like the sicce syncra silent, very reliable. Just have to figure out how much return flow you want to have as these are ac which means you cant configure flow much except with the valve.
 
Jebao is the go to for reliable, inexpensive, DC pumps. A 3000 or 3500 model will likely suit you.

Budget skimmer? Whatever deal you can get on a used one. Depending on your stocking goals and sump space, something in the 110-120 class. Lots to choose from. I had a Simplicity for awhile that was good. Reef Octopus has a major market share, for good reason.
 
I bought a jebao dca 3000 (might change to 2x dcw1500) and have a sca 301 skimmer for my 40b/20l build. I chose based on experience (jebao has been decent for me, 2 pumps and gyre so far) and the sca301 has good reviews for a cheaper skimmer.
 
Maybe mag drive danner
 
I ended up settling on the Hygger 800GPH. For the 65g water volume I'll have combined the variable setting seems like a good fit for the price. The wave maker I have from Hygger hasn't caused me any issues so I can't imagine the pump would either.
Amazon product ASIN B07VWWQ2DW
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new