Which RO/DI unit should I choose? Please help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kenzo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I bought a portable RO/DI from Amazon for $80. I hang it on the rim of the slop sink in the laundry room and store the water in a brute. I'm happy with it, I leave it hanging on the sink and it's not in the way and no leaks.
I'm just starting out in this hobby and I didn't want to spend that much on a RO/DI right now. I'll use this for now and get something permanent when these filters are spent. It's going to be while though because where I live the TDS from the tap is only .037
 
where can I buy a kitchen sink adapter for a ro/di unit. I was looking but can't find one!
 
No other brand compares to Spectrapure, its as simple as that. It is the best $125 you will ever spend. Don't pay attention to things like special chloramine filters and flush kits, they are a waste of your hard earned money and get you nothing. The 150 GPD membranes do not have a very good record when it comes to removal efficiency andmany vendors discontinued them, I owned one myself several years ago.

Read Spectrapure's FAQ and you will see what makes them so different and how they save you money.
 
Just an update. I ended up buying ro buddie the 4 stage unit. I had a coupon from marinedepot and I used it. Everything including a dual tds meter costed me about $115 and it makes perfect 0 tds water and I found out that tds in tap water in NY is 41-42ppm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new