Which sand is this?

SALİH EREL

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone, and I wish you enjoyable hobbies. I wanted to ask a simple question, but it would be better if only those who have used it could comment. I want to set up a 150*150*45 (cm) reef aquarium. The video that I attached shows some sand. Yes, I know it will be dusty I really liked its design and aesthetics. If anyone has used it before or is still using it, could they please specify the brand and type exactly? Thank you in advance for your answers.

 
Good evening everyone, and I wish you enjoyable hobbies. I wanted to ask a simple question, but it would be better if only those who have used it could comment. I want to set up a 150*150*45 (cm) reef aquarium. The video that I attached shows some sand. Yes, I know it will be dusty I really liked its design and aesthetics. If anyone has used it before or is still using it, could they please specify the brand and type exactly? Thank you in advance for your answers.


kind of hard to identify sand by a video but it seems like it can be replicated by mixing a fine grain Bahamas oolite sand and a larger grain sand like caribsea aragonite
 
It's definitely a mixture of sizes (which is great for jawfish) and both appear to be calcium carbonate. I've achieved a similar look by using aragonite gravel (whether Caribsea live sand or crushed coral) and for the fine stuff I used this:

https://pentairaes.com/caribsea-aragamax-30-lbs

My jawfish was very happy with this mixture, as am I. I used more sugar sand than gravel. I highly recommend washing the sugar sand really well. It comes dry and it's pretty dusty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new