Which spectrapure would you choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter JOKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well I think I will put that on my equipment list. Do they ever offer these refurbished? The price tag is a little high, but saving water and longevity is looking good.
 
If you watch their website they sometimes have scratch and dent, returns and one time things. I've never seen a UHE on there myself but who knows? You might even contact them and ask.
 
AZDesert, do you have chloramines in your area? As to the UHE model, Did spectrapure mention how their carbon block holds up to the rejection and chloramine passthrough at your reefclub? I think the UHE is saying it's a 0.5 micron 20,000 ppm-gallons chlorine removal capacity. The way you describe real world use, I understand better. Thanks for all your feedback.
 
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735402

Their carbons are great with chloramines or free chlorine. It's not the carbon that is important like many vendors mistakenly believe, the DI and contact time are much more important. Carbon does not remove chloramines, it adsorbs the chlorine and breaks the bond with the ammonia. The membrane removes much of the ammonia and the DI polishes it off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new