Which Tangs may i add?

reefpunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I recently upgraded to a larger system and have been thinking about what fish to stock and I’d like to add a tang or two if possible. I currently have:

Tomini Tang
Ornate leopard wrasse
Blue star leopard wrasse
Royal Gramma
Flame tail blenny
Yellow tail damsel
Zebra eel
Snowflake eel
Mandarin

My tank is 72x30x15. When I try looking for tang tank recommendations most say 180g 6ft tank. My tank isn’t 180g but it is 6ft so that’s a little confusing.

I’d really like to have a PBT, Yellow, or a purple. May I keep these in my tank?

thanks everyone!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I recently upgraded to a larger system and have been thinking about what fish to stock and I’d like to add a tang or two if possible. I currently have:

Tomini Tang
Ornate leopard wrasse
Blue star leopard wrasse
Royal Gramma
Flame tail blenny
Yellow tail damsel
Zebra eel
Snowflake eel
Mandarin

My tank is 72x30x15. When I try looking for tang tank recommendations most say 180g 6ft tank. My tank isn’t 180g but it is 6ft so that’s a little confusing.

I’d really like to have a PBT, Yellow, or a purple. May I keep these in my tank?

thanks everyone!
I would add a Yellow or Purple, the PBT will become a nightmare with aggression and if you wanted to add other fish you’d have more luck with one of the two Zebrasomas.

OP
OP
R

reefpunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a Yellow or Purple, the PBT will become a nightmare with aggression and if you wanted to add other fish you’d have more luck with one of the two Zebrasomas.
I would like to add some smaller fish as well like a watchmen goby and long nose hawk fish. Should I add the tang last then?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A same sized Yellow and a purple, if added together will be a risky, but doable add.

I would consider one of those, and then another different bristle tooth, or something else. Maybe a purple and a mimic to get your yellow color?
and as much as I would love a Powder blue in my tank, I have resisted due to attitude and disease susceptibility

and smaller non-tang fish could be added as QT and space allows - have not seen tang on hawkfish aggression in my tanks

suspect your wrasses are working on the possible coral pest introductions

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tomini Tang
Ornate leopard wrasse
Blue star leopard wrasse
Royal Gramma
Flame tail blenny
Yellow tail damsel
Zebra eel
Snowflake eel
Mandarin

thanks everyone!
and in my experience hiding spots and swim lanes and power driven flow help tangs as much or more than volume

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back