Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m looking for a corrosion proof temp controller for my biocube 32 led. Is this inkbird acceptable and will it hold up to saltwater?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the upgraded version that has wifi and two of the plastic temp probes, and I like it. Mine once notified me that my tank was too cold because my heater quit working, and since then I wouldn't have a tank without it, or some other temp controller.

HM3105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you put the probe? Does it go into the tank or in the sump? I’m in a biocube

mine has two probes, up to you where they go, doesn’t really affect anything apart from don’t have them too near the heater. And have them both together as they work by measuring the same water, if there is a difference they then know there is an issue with one probe so sounds an alarm.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine have two probes, up to you where they go, doesn’t really affect anything apart from don’t have them too near the heater. And have them both together as they work by measuring the same water, if there is a difference they know there is an issue with one probe so sounds an alarm.
Does the inkbird have two probes?

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo aio, I have my probes in the first chamber, and the heaters in the 2nd, they are small so anywhere you feel is out of the way.
I guess mine will go in the first chamber with my protein skimmer. My heater is currently in chamber 3 with my return pump and the second chamber is my filter media.

OmuNegru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone please recommend a temperature controller in which I can plug both my heater and cooling fans so it controls both of them by case?

OmuNegru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have a couple of options, inkbird, Aqua Medic T controller or the D-D temp controller.
I mean what models. From what I know there are models that only control heaters. I need a specific model that can handle both heating and cooling.
Thank you!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean what models. From what I know there are models that only control heaters. I need a specific model that can handle both heating and cooling.
Thank you!

if you search the Aqua medic and the D-D you will see they have one model and they both do what you asked.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back