Which Vodka

plc001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think it should be safe to say Tito's will work? To lazy to go to the store and buy another brand.
I had Ostreos and followed that to the T, one week later, all gone! Not sure the band will matter, but I'm so literal that had to find the 10x filtered. Good luck!

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it was worth an update since this thread got a good amount of action. Bacteria bloom in full force this morning. PH dropped from about 8.18 - 7.7. Getting nervous about my oxygenation. Turned skimmer on without the cup. Put 3ml hydrogen peroxide in the air intake. Placed my gyre pump a little higher to get more surface agitation. Have a new pump with wood airstone otw which is supposed to arrive today. Going to try and set that up tonight after I get off work.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it was worth an update since this thread got a good amount of action. Bacteria bloom in full force this morning. PH dropped from about 8.18 - 7.7. Getting nervous about my oxygenation. Turned skimmer on without the cup. Put 3ml hydrogen peroxide in the air intake. Placed my gyre pump a little higher to get more surface agitation. Have a new pump with wood airstone otw which is supposed to arrive today. Going to try and set that up tonight after I get off work.
Whenever I do this method, I stick the air stone under the return pump and it a causes a million microbubbles all over the tank. My anemones aren't too happy about it, but the rest of my tank is fine with it. It ensures fresh air gets all over the tank, plus microbubble scrubs the dinos.

For what it's worth, the last time I did it, I put the air pump outside. It might have helped the pH a little since we had the windows closed and ac on.

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I do this method, I stick the air stone under the return pump and it a causes a million microbubbles all over the tank. My anemones aren't too happy about it, but the rest of my tank is fine with it. It ensures fresh air gets all over the tank, plus microbubble scrubs the dinos.

For what it's worth, the last time I did it, I put the air pump outside. It might have helped the pH a little since we had the windows closed and ac on.
That's exactly what I did thanks to the advice of John Malkerson.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back