Another 40G breeder tank build, but will go with 100% NSW

plc001

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
245
Location
Seminole
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a 40 Gallon Breeder Tank, after 12 year absent in the hobby. Used to have a 200G in-wall system for 14 years.

The plan is to get the 40G going and slowing start planning the in-wall.

This build will be for the 40g. I plan to use 100% NSW. Will start curing and cycling the rocks this weekend. I have a boat and will be collecting the NSW at high tide about 5 miles out. This is a test to see if I can do that to the in-wall.
IMG_0294.jpg


Started the stand built:
IMG_0291.jpg
 
Last edited:
I didn't see any overflow. What are you doing for filtration? Looks nice though!

That its because I do not have any;-) Going minimalist with equipment. 2 power heads, two lights and 2 heaters. Will be pushing the water change to 20%.
 
Today I created the top. Kit from the hardware store and my wife’s bath scrunchie.
CE51EA1C-7B98-4A8D-B8D1-0977D93F4801.jpeg
 
I think I'm almost ready! What do you think? Your advice is welcome.

IMG_0471.jpg

File_001.png
 
Nice and simple, following along. What are your plans for stocking? Interested since you plan to rely on water changes for nutrient export.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new