Which would you choose? Cade 600 frag or Red Sea 200xl?

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
which tank do you like better? I love the dimensions of the Cade! I also love the dimensions and sleek look of a white 200xl. lighting will be a ATI Straton led. With the straton being white, im thinking it would look beautiful paired with the 200xl. I keep going back to the frag dimensions of the Cade for top down viewing. What do you think?

034B183F-F011-4117-8AD4-8BDD2507FAD9.png

5B9510D9-1D8D-4681-A090-358CC1D9B0A3.png
F7596D68-CB71-43B4-B1E6-76868CA1D240.jpeg

Last edited:

MJY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which tank do you like better? I love the dimensions of the Cade! I also love the dimensions and sleek look of a white 200xl. lighting will be a ATI Straton led. With the straton being white, im thinking it would look beautiful paired with the 200xl. I keep going back to the frag dimensions of the Cade for top down viewing. What do you think?

Hi There! I have a Cade S2 600, I love it! I see you have spec'd the shallow "frag" tank version, they look awesome from above!

I went through the same decision making process as you, what ultimately won out for me on the Cade vs Red Sea vs Waterbox was the following;

- Dual intake overflow
- Integrated ATO reservoir
- Higher quality sanking plumbing (inc ball valve & dual reactor feeds off return pump)
- Sump design
- Aluminium & glass stand!

All around I believe it is worth the extra money for the features you get. As with any "off the shelf" system it will still have some limitations and things that you would ideally change however it is excellent overall and you wont be disappointed!

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi There! I have a Cade S2 600, I love it! I see you have spec'd the shallow "frag" tank version, they look awesome from above!

I went through the same decision making process as you, what ultimately won out for me on the Cade vs Red Sea vs Waterbox was the following;

- Dual intake overflow
- Integrated ATO reservoir
- Higher quality sanking plumbing (inc ball valve & dual reactor feeds off return pump)
- Sump design
- Aluminium & glass stand!

All around I believe it is worth the extra money for the features you get. As with any "off the shelf" system it will still have some limitations and things that you would ideally change however it is excellent overall and you wont be disappointed!
Hi Mjy, Thank you for the input! Do you have a tank build for the 600? Would love to follow it. Thanks

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back