Cade 600 - Kessil a360x LPS softies only

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Would one A360X be enough for a Cade 600? I like the design and the shimmer of the light. I'm planning on beginner-friendly corals like LPS and softies (torches, hammers, zoas, to name a few). This will be my first mixed reef, so I'm not leaning towards anything too difficult.

I do like the look of the more powerful lights such as the XR30 G6 Blue, A500X, and AI Hydra 64HD, but the price points are putting me off. With so many lights to choose from, it's really overwhelming to decide. I've been looking on eBay for used lights in the UK, but there aren't many, if any, sellers.

Any advice would be much appreciated in this minefield

Thanks

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for LPS & softies only, you should be good to go. Shadowing may be an issue depending on your rockscape though, so think that out carefully.

1709235151013.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a cade 600? Easier to mention dimensions than brand name.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One 360 will be enough until shading becomes an issue. Adding an LED strip instead of different lights all together would be an easier and cheaper option.

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
360 would definitely be enough.

Looked up the tank, 1 arm will look great on the back middle and you can hide all the wiring inside the light mount itself.

100% don't disagree with Jekyl that strips would be cheaper and might work nicer, but this seems like a tank where you want a sleek design and footprint

1709242777308.png

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looked up the tank, 1 arm will look great on the back middle and you can hide all the wiring inside the light mount itself.

100% don't disagree with Jekyl that strips would be cheaper and might work nicer, but this seems like a tank where you want a sleek design and footprint

1709242777308.png
I have 2 360 over my 90g which would about be the same as this situation just doubled. I haven't had any issues at all. I however don't have a bunch of sps. Just nems and softies.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1709242777308.png
Buying the kessil arms is a good investment. They make the kessils a top notch and pretty well-finished product.
And if one decides to outgrow it, the arms will facilitate it. They're very solid.

No one does blue either like Kessil. Not even close.

lighting.jpg

OP
OP
S

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1709242777308.png
This is why I like the Kessil I feel the design compliments the tank. I was just worried they wouldn't facilitate the tank size. I think im gonna take the plunge and buy it.

OP
OP
S

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying the kessil arms is a good investment. They make the kessils a top notch and pretty well-finished product.
And if one decides to outgrow it, the arms will facilitate it. They're very solid.

No one does blue either like Kessil. Not even close.

lighting.jpg
Im sold !

Thanks for all the comments. Im gonna go with the Kessil they just look great imo. I like what you have done here as well in case I wanted to upgrade later on

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sold !

Thanks for all the comments. Im gonna go with the Kessil they just look great imo. I like what you have done here as well in case I wanted to upgrade later on
I could have continued with the Kessils alone, but for an SPS tank it was best for me to combine them with the ATI Straton. You will be fine with the kessil though. The a360 is a very nice looking and working light.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back