While in LA . . .

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in LA for a couple of days two weeks ago and Richard (sorry, forgot your last name), (wishntobeoutside) from Mobile Aquatics was kind enough to line up several reefs for me to photograph. Can't say how much I appreciate the hospitality. Here are a few from the effort. The first two are from Richard's frag tank (Richard, do they have names?). Used a shallow DOF because the tank was full of frags and the backgroundwould have been a cluttered mess with deeper DOF. Though they're frags, I couldn't resist the color in the tentacles. The third is the growth tip of a birdsnest colony growing in Leo Chen's tank in Irvine. The fourth is an unusual piece owned by Terry Nguyen. The last piece is from Amazing Aquariums & Reefs, Orange County, CA. If you're ever in LA/Anaheim area, don't miss this store and go early because you'll be there a long time.
Gary

Some kind of Acropora
richardsps02a.jpg

Some kind of Millepora
richardsps01a.jpg

Birdsnest growth tips
birdsnest8stack01a.jpg

Pectinia alcicornis
pectiniaalcicornis5stack01a.jpg

Scolymia, Amazing Aquariums & Reefs, Orange County, CA
aliscoli02b.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures!!!

I was hoping to meet up with Richard while I was there over Xmas. He invited me to the wholesalers in L.A. while I was there, I just couldn't find the time while visiting family. Maybe next trip!

ataylo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics Gary! I am always amazed with how sharp you can get your pictures!

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to come visit San Diego soon, Gary, especially with your camera! I'd be happy to have you come visit me :bigsmile:

Gorgeous pictures as always!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back