White and brown millipede worms??

  • Thread starter Thread starter LacroixBoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LacroixBoy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
14
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, just noticed these small worm/millipede like things in my tank. I think they come out at night and they are really fast. They dart back into the rockwork before I can get a good look usually. I have no idea what these are and I’ve dipped every coral I put in. I’m pretty upset that they managed to get in. I’ve seen a handful now and theres a bigger and longer one I haven’t gotten a look at yet but its peeked its head out.

Anyone know what these are? They don’t look like bristle worms I’ve seen.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1016.mov
    52.8 MB
amphipods
 
The big one seemed long like a worm, does that still fit? And if so are they bad?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new