White/Blue mix on Nicrew Lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter neilsarah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

neilsarah

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2021
Messages
174
Reaction score
106
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I have 3 Nicrew 150 Gen 1 lights on my 180 tank. My question is about white vs blue settings. I have done my par readings and have it set to 85% blue and 5% white. My question is regarding the red/green spectrum that is tied to the white setting. Am i depriving my corals of that spectrum by having the whites set so low? I am not really seeing any issues in my corals its just more of a curiosity since I know that spectrum is not tunable like the Gen2 lights are.
 
Like you said, the red and green spectrums are tied to the white setting. So whatever intensity you have the white setting at is what the green and red will be as well. I upgraded from a Gen 1 100w to a Gen 2 100w not too long ago and I’m loving the more precise control of the different spectrums.
 
Curious, do you match your violet/Blue percentage?
 
Last edited:
Hello. So I have 3 Nicrew 150 Gen 1 lights on my 180 tank. My question is about white vs blue settings. I have done my par readings and have it set to 85% blue and 5% white. My question is regarding the red/green spectrum that is tied to the white setting. Am i depriving my corals of that spectrum by having the whites set so low? I am not really seeing any issues in my corals its just more of a curiosity since I know that spectrum is not tunable like the Gen2 lights are.
Something to consider...some people suspect that corals improve their red and orange fluorescence in the absence of the red light-spectrum. So, by having your red so low, you may actually improve their color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new