White bobble tips on a Goniapora

  • Thread starter Thread starter JulesH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JulesH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
208
Reaction score
170
Location
Torquay, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Attached is an images of one of my goniaporas. Something I have wondered about for a while, some of the polyps have white tentacles on this particular species. It does not seem to be a detrimental feature for the coral.

Does anyone know why they grow these elongated tentacles?

I apologise for the horrendous photography.

IMG_3814.JPG
 
Do you have photos under white lights?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new