White bug in copper qt and fish still flashing

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way isopods survived copper. I'm not familiar with Hanna copper, but is it good for chelated copper? You might wish to try another copper test kit for chelated copper. Definitely have not reached therapeutic levels of copper if you have isopods running around.

I know nothing about isopods. I do know that his copper reading should be very accurate. I am not a coppersafe fan, but 2.0ppm is 2.0ppm for chelated copper which is .5ppm above the minimum.

Possible these are something else? Possible copper resistance?

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about isopods. I do know that his copper reading should be very accurate. I am not a coppersafe fan, but 2.0ppm is 2.0ppm for chelated copper which is .5ppm above the minimum.

Possible these are something else? Possible copper resistance?
That’s interesting. Maybe i should just wait for the 30 days then transfer the fish into a new qt for observation. Maybe they are healing and causing irratation. They are eating and swimming normal but just some time scratch against the pvc.

By the way, has anyone tried fenbendazole for treating fluke?

Last edited:

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any update on this? I ran into same situation same product coppersafe and fishs are still QT but no sign of ich or show anythings. Only scratch on pvc pipe once in awhile.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back