White Bugs on Acro

MelReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
365
Reaction score
543
Location
Melbourne Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a solar flare Acro frag for a couple weeks now. It was doing fine for the first week but now it’s beginning to have much less polyp extension and color loss. I tested all levels and they seemed alright but Today I noticed a small white bug crawling on my Acro. It had a weird trunk kinda like a nassarius snail. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to kill it? No signs of necrosis yet
 
Likely pods eating the dying flesh.
 
So I have had a solar flare Acro frag for a couple weeks now. It was doing fine for the first week but now it’s beginning to have much less polyp extension and color loss. I tested all levels and they seemed alright but Today I noticed a small white bug crawling on my Acro. It had a weird trunk kinda like a nassarius snail. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to kill it? No signs of necrosis yet
Need a Close up picture to be able to help. If you can take it out put it into a cup and take a close up under the daylight that would be ideal.
 
Can you post a pic? could be pods, could also be tegastes sp or if it really looked like a bug maybe even pycnogonids
 
And post your parameters. “Seemed alright” doesn’t give us much to go on
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new