White bugs on glass

horseplay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these white bugs showing up on glass. It's hard to photograph they would just like little white dots. About 1/2 mm size and pretty solid white color. Do not move like worms seems like little pods. They covers 1/3 of the glass area you'll see maybe 5 within 1 square inch. I have never seem pods like this just wondering if they're good or bad. Maybe I should get a mandarin to eat them. I do have a copperband and melanarus in the tank they don't eat them.

OP
OP
H

horseplay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some move slowly but most stay in on place kind of shaking a little maybe caused by the water movement.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these white bugs showing up on glass. It's hard to photograph they would just like little white dots. About 1/2 mm size and pretty solid white color. Do not move like worms seems like little pods. They covers 1/3 of the glass area you'll see maybe 5 within 1 square inch. I have never seem pods like this just wondering if they're good or bad. Maybe I should get a mandarin to eat them. I do have a copperband and melanarus in the tank they don't eat them.
If you get some pics up I can get people here that will give you a positive ID.

dnyceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods. I have them crawling and wiggling around on glass and on my rocks
. Baby pods

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been told this by many individuals by them observing them and by my descriptions. They usually show up when you have dino's on the glass. They are imported off of rock from other tanks that had them in it. Plus I don't always see them unless I let algae stay on
the glass for awhile. Below are some pics from the net,that I found. https://www.google.com/search?q=cop...=MlTBVvLSKIXcmQGhrpaYBg#imgrc=ZDXPexugzht_9M:
images

Pods.jpg

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been told this by many individuals by them observing them and by my descriptions. They usually show up when you have dino's on the glass. They are imported off of rock from other tanks that had them in it. Plus I don't always see them unless I let algae stay on
the glass for awhile. Below are some pics from the net,that I found. https://www.google.com/search?q=copepods+on+glass+of+aquarium&tbm=isch&imgil=cQu6UKMV8J2Z0M%3A%3BF9KiFr0dEq0bdM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fsandbaraquatics.com%252Fwhat-are-these-white-bugs-in-my-aquarium%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=cQu6UKMV8J2Z0M%3A%2CF9KiFr0dEq0bdM%2C_&usg=__hnjSIpJa2vmjn7Zax2bZ9MI_tUM=&biw=1280&bih=904&ved=0ahUKEwjys4i49_jKAhUFbiYKHSGXBWMQyjcIKQ&ei=MlTBVvLSKIXcmQGhrpaYBg#imgrc=ZDXPexugzht_9M:
images

Pods.jpg
I've never seen that.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe a lot of information out there I've found so much bad info it's kinda pethetic but I still say snail eggs.

Monroereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post a pic of my frag tank. My frag tank is ALWAYS covered with these white dots. They are like stars in the sky. You cannot count them. They do not move but they are there. I scrape them off, they come back. They are snail eggs and some are tube worms.

OP
OP
H

horseplay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just like what's in the pictures. They are not snail eggs. Snail eggs don't move. Plus you can kind of see their legs. They're not Isopoda either. I have plenty of these so I know what they are. Will try my best to get a picture when the light is on.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back