White bump bellow fin on clownfish

marcosnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I have a paired clowns but I noticed they will go into fight when the lights are down or when I put my hand in tank which is stessful for them and female will beat male.

I noticed some smaller injuries on male from time to time but today I noticed this big bump. Is it a injury or something else?

There is also a torch coral they are hosting.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello reefers, I have a paired clowns but I noticed they will go into fight when the lights are down or when I put my hand in tank which is stessful for them and female will beat male.

I noticed some smaller injuries on male from time to time but today I noticed this big bump. Is it a injury or something else?

Yes, this appears to be an injury from a bite or impact with object as larger clown can be aggressive. This should heal But you want to keep an eye out for both healing and on the other clown to see if there is an aggression issue going on here.
May not be a bad idea to acquire some seachem Kanaplex or Maracyn 2 to use for treatment should the area get worse or infected

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While it does look like it could be a bite from the other clown that got infected, it is behind the pectoral fin of the fish. That isn't a very likely place for one clown to bite another - the fin would have had to be moved out of the way when the bite happened.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back