White bump on Puffer fish

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
2,096
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just notices white bump today, seems to be a white circle with a tiny raised center

8299DAFB-9377-43EA-BEDD-FEC06C7179BB.jpeg


66F4E83A-F89A-490F-BB97-87897CE2F36D.jpeg


3F0F0DE7-8B10-40F6-8723-0D6CF1770CB9.jpeg
 
I agree with @EmdeReef. I gonna lean toward injury. I've never had a fish with lymphocytosis anywhere except on a fin but it does look like that (kind of like a white cotton ball).

How is the fish acting? Swimming normally? Eating ok?
 
Any anemones or stinging corals in the tank? I don't know what it is per se but with appearing suddenly, conical shape, punctum in the center, and loss of normal tissue color, a sting or puncture wound is a good possibility.
 
just notices white bump today, seems to be a white circle with a tiny raised center

8299DAFB-9377-43EA-BEDD-FEC06C7179BB.jpeg


66F4E83A-F89A-490F-BB97-87897CE2F36D.jpeg


3F0F0DE7-8B10-40F6-8723-0D6CF1770CB9.jpeg
Personally it looks like a fungi/bacteria infection
if so I would personally take it out and treat it with melafix
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new