OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old the tank? I’m wondering if it could be alkaline haze. In which case it unfortunately can’t be cleaned off. Hopefully the eraser works.
The tank is about 8 months old now, I have had previous reefs for about ten years, but my dad shut down the Mr.clean eraser when claims it will poison my tank (clearly uninformed)

MrPike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you dosed any lanthanum chloride or any other liquid phosphate reducer?

MrPike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you can remove it, you just have to do it manually, with like a razor blade? Reason I ask is that when the glass is made at the factory, I believe they pour it into lead forms. And sometimes the process doesn’t go as it should and a white haze can develop several months after you put water in the tank. It’s also impossible to fix, and most aquarium manufacturers will cover it under warranty.

OP
OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you can remove it, you just have to do it manually, with like a razor blade? Reason I ask is that when the glass is made at the factory, I believe they pour it into lead forms. And sometimes the process doesn’t go as it should and a white haze can develop several months after you put water in the tank. It’s also impossible to fix, and most aquarium manufacturers will cover it under warranty.
I can remove it with a razor blade, but in this new tank I was looking to solve problems with water parameters, however I’m leaning toward the idea of razor blading it off

MrPike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, glad it razors off at least. For some reason your tank is precipitating out, which is when calcium and Kh combine and stick to surfaces. Usual culprits are riding your ca/Kh levels too high, or having your ph spike.

I would test ca/alk/mg and with a good brand test kit and favor lower levels of ca/Kh and higher mg, ie: 7-8 dkh, 425 ca, and a high magnesium, like 1400.

OP
OP
S

Snail Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, glad it razors off at least. For some reason your tank is precipitating out, which is when calcium and Kh combine and stick to surfaces. Usual culprits are riding your ca/Kh levels too high, or having your ph spike.

I would test ca/alk/mg and with a good brand test kit and favor lower levels of ca/Kh and higher mg, ie: 7-8 dkh, 425 ca, and a high magnesium, like 1400.
Guys, you’re not going to believe it, I FIXED THE PROBLEM, MY LIGHT WAS TOO FAR FORWARD AND IT LIKE SHINED ON ALL THE STUFF. My life is complete now the glass is finnaly clear.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back