White finger leather

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if others have a healthy debils hand leather that is almost white in color. I picked this one up a couple of months ago from the Petco bin with the hope of saving it. It's certainly turned around but is super pale in color. I keep expecting it to shift to a more yellow color but so far it has not. Tank is a 60 cube with a pair of Kessil 160's and 4 T5 tubes ( coral blue and actinic). Everything else in the tank is doing well.

20210116_205310.jpg

Tank shot so you can see how ghostly it looks

20210116_205343.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,looks like just bleached out,see poss green sheen to it seems to be opening and good polyp extention,
is it molting often?poss try direct sm feedings :)

OP
OP
J

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @fishguy242 - It's shed once since I've had it although the first 2 weeks I had it there was no polyp extension. It was really rough looking when I bought it. I had asked the kid at the store about it and he said I could have it because it would likely die. My thought was that it may have been getting ready to shed when I got it so I took him up on the offer knowing that leathers are pretty resilient and that Petco's water chemistry management may have been to blame. I've fed reef roids a few times and it's slowly growing but the super pale color has me wondering if it's ever going to color up to a green or tan. Maybe it thinks it's a colt coral :)

hi,looks like just bleached out,see poss green sheen to it seems to be opening and good polyp extention,
is it molting often?poss try direct sm feedings :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looks like on the road to recovery,def,devils hand 100%,keep us updated :cool:

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look pretty white.

I had one 16 years ago that was white with a biege undertone. White can be its natural appearance, but corals will look different under different lighting and depending on nutrients.

It’s extending polyps which is a good sign.

It would appreciate a little phyto if you can get some.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 165 49.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back