White fluffy stuff on Red Leg Hermit Shell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rachelh01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rachelh01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the white fluffy stuff is on my red legged hermit crabs shell please?
 

Attachments

  • VID_20200502_150332.mp4
    20 MB
Either hydroids or some type of clove polyps, leaning more towards hydroids.

In either case I'd remove said crab scrub his shell clean, rinse in clean water and return him to the tank. Not good to let him drag those around.
 
OK maybe a daft question but is that good or bad? And do I need to do anything?
Only had the tank set up since Feb, 2 clown fish and a orange spot goby plus clean up crew (no corals yet as I wanted to take my time to make sure everything was stable), nothing has been added for about 2 months now and it's the first time I've seen this? - thanks
 
Ehhhh kinda bad, if it's either or, you don't want them spreading in your tank and as of right now they are mobile and being rubbed up against everything as the crab moves.
 
OK,....... Any advice on the best way to get rid of them?
 
Thanks all, have managed to get him out nad scrubbed his shell so it looks all removed, then rinsed him and he is back in the tank (sulking I suspect! Lol) will keep an eye on it to see if it appears anywhere else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new