white fungus growing in zoanthid conlony

typicalwhiteazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zoanthid colony closed up.. turns outs there's stinking white fungus growing on it. I've cleaned and used revive just to see if it'll do anything, but very lil of the colony has reopened. Anything else I can do? is there a medication that I can use with a separate QT system to effectively rid the fungus..

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pic it is probably a sponge and they are aggravating to get rid of. Try some peroxide and tank water.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Sfgiants55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use furan 2. Take one cup of tank water and pour one packet of furan 2 into the cup. Dip the infected zoa in this solution for 15-20 minutes. Do this for 3 consecutive days and then let the colony rest for 4-7 days. Repeat the process if needed. And if possible place the zoa in an area of high flow. I have used this treatment with great success.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use furan 2. Take one cup of tank water and pour one packet of furan 2 into the cup. Dip the infected zoa in this solution for 15-20 minutes. Do this for 3 consecutive days and then let the colony rest for 4-7 days. Repeat the process if needed. And if possible place the zoa in an area of high flow. I have used this treatment with great success.

+1 the only thing I do different is I rinse them in tab water to remove as much of the fungus before dipping in Furan.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back