White fuzz

saltguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to saltwater and my tank has been up for almost 7 months with fish and corrals are alive and well. I've been watching this stuff grow over the last couple weeks and can't find anything on it. if someone would help me with an answer that would be awesome thank you.

60792c18-bbb9-44ae-8dd7-90b6298348f4orca-image-.jpeg

OP
OP
S

saltguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detritus! Which is broken down organics like fish poop and contributes to higher nutrients. You should add more flow, up your filtration if needed, and manually siphon/clean it out.
Whats you suggest for getting better flow I have a 55gal tank with 15gal sump? what you think is good filtration?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whats you suggest for getting better flow I have a 55gal tank with 15gal sump? what you think is good filtration?
What’s your current flow and filtration? Some detritus is going to build up in the sump that’s inevitable it’s about removing it.

OP
OP
S

saltguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your current flow and filtration? Some detritus is going to build up in the sump that’s inevitable it’s about removing it.
For water movement my wave maker moves up to 2100gph at max but it's not maxes out. I think my overflow is probably the issue don't think it's big enough. My return pump moves 1000gph at max and I don't have it maxed out my skimmer is rated for 55gal but I'm not sure if it's a good one brand is red devil and I just have a filter for the overflow a filter sock and filters in-between the bubble trap before it hits return pump

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back