White growth on torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter GrahamB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GrahamB

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Does anyone know what this white growth on my torch might be?
It feels quite hard and it’s been getting slowly larger.
Should I remove it?

D975900F-62F4-42F8-8727-8408D10DC8A2.jpeg
 
It look gelatinous but actually feels quite hard,
perhaps I’ll have a go at removing it anyway.
Thx
 
Does it move (i.e. open/close, expand/contract, etc.) or respond to light/touch/etc.? Does it have any openings/holes/mouths? Is it the same thing as the white mass next to it?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Does it move (i.e. open/close, expand/contract, etc.) or respond to light/touch/etc.? Does it have any openings/holes/mouths? Is it the same thing as the white mass next to it?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
its been growing slowly over the last 6-8 weeks but no movement as such.
Can’t see any visible sign of a mouth.
I don’t think it’s the same as the lower growth that has only appeared recently.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new