White mark on clownfish mouth?

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my tank has been up and running for a little over 5 months, and I noticed the other day that my clown fish has a white mark on one side of his mouth? Does anyone no what this is, or if it’s just lack of malnutrition, if it is I just got new food today to see if he likes it more but other than that I don’t know what it is. He swims fine, and is currently pairing with a Duncan ( I think, he keeps swimming in them so?), and he eats all his food. Please let me know what this is and if it needs to be medicated! Thanks!
-Ezra
19E40D9C-EE9E-4ABF-9EC2-9EB5045A2325.jpeg
B1FB2543-D7EF-45F3-B5F8-5C92E7DA5FDE.jpeg

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see anything alarming from the pics, but if there is a whiteness around the mouth it can be a sign of common bacterial infections.

To treat bacterial or fungal you can mix metroplex (and kanaplex for fungal) along with some focus into thawed frozen food and feed it that for several days.

OP
OP
E

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you for responding, I lost it’s paired “wife” a fe months ago to uronema or brooks, but that was a long time ago and far worse than this so I’ll try to give him some form of treatment in the QT tank, thanks again!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my tank has been up and running for a little over 5 months, and I noticed the other day that my clown fish has a white mark on one side of his mouth? Does anyone no what this is, or if it’s just lack of malnutrition, if it is I just got new food today to see if he likes it more but other than that I don’t know what it is. He swims fine, and is currently pairing with a Duncan ( I think, he keeps swimming in them so?), and he eats all his food. Please let me know what this is and if it needs to be medicated! Thanks!
-Ezra
19E40D9C-EE9E-4ABF-9EC2-9EB5045A2325.jpeg
B1FB2543-D7EF-45F3-B5F8-5C92E7DA5FDE.jpeg
Clowns often host in corals, but then get stung by them. Can’t say if that’s what happened here, but something to consider.
Jay

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you for responding, I lost it’s paired “wife” a fe months ago to uronema or brooks, but that was a long time ago and far worse than this so I’ll try to give him some form of treatment in the QT tank, thanks again!
Maybe he needs a new girlfriend more than he needs meds :(

Keep us posted if it turns out to be anything more!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back