White parasites floating in my tank

Gligor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I noticed this from yesterday. At first I tough that I have bacteria bloom, but when I turned off the pumps there were millions of small white things swimming in the water, and moving on the glass. What this could be? They are to small for me to get a clearer picture...

20240319_170702.jpg

OP
OP
Gligor

Gligor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that mean I can introduce mandarin dragonett? I always wanted one of them. But my tank is really new (one month). It is 52gal tank with two clowns, some feather dusters and starfish that came out from the live rock, candy cane coral, gsp, xenia and gorgonian. I used live rock that was in a fowlr tank for more than 15 years when I first started it.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes but you will need to feed phyto or other similar food stuffs to keep the populations up. Otherwise they tend to drop off over time and starve our mandarins

Also, it looks like an acropora in your tank picture. Not a great chance of success if your tank is only a month old.

OP
OP
Gligor

Gligor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but you will need to feed phyto or other similar food stuffs to keep the populations up. Otherwise they tend to drop off over time and starve our mandarins

Also, it looks like an acropora in your tank picture. Not a great chance of success if your tank is only a month old.
Thank you very much. Btw that is not acrpopra, that is a coras skeleton that i put in so the tank won't look so empty. Here is a picture of my tank. The lights are DIY, but the tank isn't nearly as blue as in the photo.
1000000381.jpg

OP
OP
Gligor

Gligor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also noticed something on the wave maker. Some of them move. Are these also copepods, or something else (bacteria/fungus)?
1000000384.jpg
1000000383.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they move, probably just more pods. With nothing to eat them, they will thrive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back