White patch on favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedxplorer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zedxplorer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2024
Messages
132
Reaction score
51
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Christmas favia and recently notice some white patch growing on it. Any idea what this is? Is this some sort of dead tissue? New growth?

PXL_20240809_021959245~2.jpg
 
Here is a better picture
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240809_022953289.jpg
    PXL_20240809_022953289.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 64
It looks exactly like this guy's 10year old favia. Same color pattern and when I asked he said I don't know the name of it. Just said it's a favia so go figure.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1723861300224.jpg
    FB_IMG_1723861300224.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 61
  • FB_IMG_1724036506037.jpg
    FB_IMG_1724036506037.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 40
To me it looks like an exploratory bite. If that’s what it is then it will heal in a day or two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new