White polyp digitata

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
4,320
Reaction score
3,612
Location
Florida’s west side
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody seen or have this? I have not been able to find it and never seen one anywhere.
The polyps are half white, half the same color as the base of the corals (which is wierd, I haven't seen a coral like that). The new growth is blue or purple and the base seems grey.
Hard to believe that there isn't more of this out there! What do you think?
sorry pic taken under blue leds only I will get a better one today, just trying to show the polyps, which are the best part.

uploadfromtaptalk1407511124126.jpg
 
Usually when I see white polyps from my sps it means they are starving
 
Defiantly not the case for this coral, It always had white polyps when it's healthy. It gets stressed and they go away. I feed a TON of food, mysis soaked in selcon, brightwells amino, and vitamin c. I use papone and other coral foods twice a week each. I feed anytime I have the opportunity and have lots of fish. The polyps are always half silvery white.
 
That's it! I can't believe I haven't heard of it. I love this coral, thanks for the link!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new