White spec Ocularis Clown

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemo5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nemo5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I invested yesterday in a pair of clownfish they are our first ever saltwater fish and they are doing great with lots of movement and eating ! They typically stay together which is norm . My biggest looks fabulaoues and no signs of anything , however my smaller clown I’ve noticed a very small “ White Spec “ behind its right side fin ! They were both in the same tank when I purchased them and in very clean looking water , he is very active and seems happy , is there any thoughts of what I may be looking at and should I have any worry ?

They were not QT before add , I floated bag and drip acclimated roughly 1.5hrs and I also did a water change yesterday , late ! Thanks


29A82610-9A56-4625-BD01-48CF495DEB33.jpeg


1B4CB9F0-48BD-4700-93E7-293596C6DC96.jpeg


8CEB716F-4149-4964-A34C-E18CA554D14F.jpeg
 
What’s the texture of the spot and around it? Does it look like culiflower? Or more resembles torn tissue?

With clowns and symptoms like this there’s always a concern of brooklynella.
 
What’s the texture of the spot and around it? Does it look like culiflower? Or more resembles torn tissue?

With clowns and symptoms like this there’s always a concern of brooklynella.

It’s hard for me to tell , he is very quick lol , almost resembles a Cauliflower look but also seems flat to its body not puffed out look , not to sure of the texture of it and around it seems all normal in the orange area .
 
What’s the texture of the spot and around it? Does it look like culiflower? Or more resembles torn tissue?

With clowns and symptoms like this there’s always a concern of brooklynella.
I looked up brooklynella and that seems to have a web look coating over the fishes body ? My fish seem to have a very vibrant colors without any trace of that , ‍♂️ , it looks like a spec and contained only to that small spot .
 
Looks like another viral lymphocystis breakout. It will go away on its own if this is the case. No need to worry too much yet. ;)
 
Looks like another viral lymphocystis breakout. It will go away on its own if this is the case. No need to worry too much yet. ;)
I like hearing that !

I’ll also research that too thank you !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new