White spots on Illuminati zoa

Strawberry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
768
Reaction score
1,011
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen this before? I’ve noticed some spots on my illuminatis and so far, no other zoas are affected. I added a bunch of RFAs to my tank over the weekend, but besides that there have been no new additions.
parameters:

Salinity: 1.027
Nitrates: 0-5
Phosphate: 0.25
Calcium: 500
Magnesium: 1420
Alkalinity: 13.0

97CBE4AE-B455-49F4-8948-A2388EB41FA6.jpeg
 
Zoas are known to incorporate substrate into their structure.
 
It just weirds me out because none of the others have it
These zoas may be growing at a faster rate or are in a different stage of growth than your other zoas
I guess it could be but they don’t touch the sand.
Even if they don't touch the sand it still gets blown around, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new