White Stringy Algae?

SimplisticDesign

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old (waterbox 10) and I Currently have had a UV sterilizer running for the last two days, but I’ve been having an issue with green hair algae. Yesterday, I noticed a copepod explosion, and at the same time I noticed white stringy algae coming up everywhere. Any ideas?

IMG_2990.jpeg IMG_2988.jpeg IMG_2989.jpeg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help us help you by you providing details of your tank. If you started a tank journal with details, then your tank start up information is all in one place and not a bunch of different threads.

Information like how did you cycle your tank?

What livestock have you added?

What live rock did you use to seed your tank?

What CUC have you added to this tank?

Sprinter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old (waterbox 10) and I Currently have had a UV sterilizer running for the last two days, but I’ve been having an issue with green hair algae. Yesterday, I noticed a copepod explosion, and at the same time I noticed white stringy algae coming up everywhere. Any ideas?

IMG_2990.jpeg IMG_2988.jpeg IMG_2989.jpeg
I have the same problem waterbox 35.2 how did you setup your uv and is it solving the proble. not sure what the white stringy stuff is or how to treat.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 118 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back