White stringy poop.. parasites or mysis?

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Messages
96
Reaction score
38
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns in my FOWLR DT. In the tank for about 8 days. 2 days ago I noticed white stringy poop and thought parasites and started medicating metro+focus immediately. I've also heard feeding mysis shrimp can do that. No other symptoms are present.

1. Ok to feed metro+focus even if it's not parasites?

2. If it is parasites, how will this affect future inhabitants?
 
I have 2 clowns in my FOWLR DT. In the tank for about 8 days. 2 days ago I noticed white stringy poop and thought parasites and started medicating metro+focus immediately. I've also heard feeding mysis shrimp can do that. No other symptoms are present.

1. Ok to feed metro+focus even if it's not parasites?

2. If it is parasites, how will this affect future inhabitants?
White feces can have a variety of causes. Protozoans, bacteria, and change in diet. Focus+metro needs to just go away as a treatment (grin). The joke is, nobody’s dose is measured and none are strong enough….the way you can tell is that metro is so bitter, than when you get the dose right, the fish won’t eat it.
If the fish don’t have any other symptoms (shimmying, rapid breathing, not eating, clamped fins) I wouldn’t treat it for now.
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new