White Tail Bristletooth's frantic behavior.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TWYOUNG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TWYOUNG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
386
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a White Tail Bristletooth two weeks ago. Is it normal for them to go totally SPASTIC when food is added. He also darts around the tank to hide when there's activity around the tank, except when it's ME with food lol!
 
I just got a White Tail Bristletooth two weeks ago. Is it normal for them to go totally SPASTIC when food is added. He also darts around the tank to hide when there's activity around the tank, except when it's ME with food lol!
Yep - they are eager feeders and can be bashful with people around but soon get comfortable with people observing
 
I just got a White Tail Bristletooth two weeks ago. Is it normal for them to go totally SPASTIC when food is added. He also darts around the tank to hide when there's activity around the tank, except when it's ME with food lol!
This is normal, I’ve found that these guys are very food driven. They can be skittish when nearly added to a tank, give it 5-6 weeks and he’ll probably absolutely love being the centre of attention.
 
This is normal, I’ve found that these guys are very food driven. They can be skittish when nearly added to a tank, give it 5-6 weeks and he’ll probably absolutely love being the centre of attention.
Thanks. After watching him eat I'm further doubting my original livestock plan. My original purpose for upgrading to a bigger tank, (eventually a reef), was to provide a bigger home for my prize PBT which has grown from 2" to 7". My idea was Tangs in last with this 4 1/2" White Tail and a 2" Biota Yellow added about three weeks ago, and then the Powder Blue. Of course the Powder Blue displays the same "enthusiastic" eating behavior. Perhaps mirrors and lots of feeding, multiple Nori clips etc. can provide enough distraction from each other. The new tank is 5' by 2' with 100 lbs of rock.
 
Only a clown and 6 line in the frag tank. Too soon to tell.
 
hopefully the next fish you add is armed with a dagger or, better yet, a Glock 9
I'd probably be better off adding a non threatening little goby than my PBT, who IS armed with a scalpel by the way lol. He has tried to assert his dominance over my 4" Foxface but the Foxface just turns his poisonous dorsal fin in the tangs direction.
 
My Tomini still does this sometimes before lights out. Shooting back and forth near the bottom front of the tank and I have had him for 2 years
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new