White tail tang feeling unwell.

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I’ll go through this in as much detail as I can. I have a softie reef tank with 11 fish in a 125 gallon. I’ve noticed my white tail tangs color slowly fade over the past week and a half. Instead of swimming normally he prefers to hide in the rock unmoving and comes out mainly to eat only. His forehead skin or mucus seems to chafe off and he is breathing rapidly. I have not added a fish in over a month and he was fine then. All of the other fish display no signs of stress or illness. I’ve had the white tail for about a year now and I got him from marine collectors. I normally feed a nori sheet a day and PE mysis. For this month my LFS was out so I switched to hikari. Around this time I noticed his color receding hut no health damages. He still eats it as well as the other fish. I’m not sure if this is just happenstance or not but I do believe that PE is better and already have another blister pack. I don’t monitor params but all of my corals and nems are fine as well as the other fish. I will post a picture as soon as I ca. But am struggling to get a good one with my phone. I dosed prazi pro twice a week ago when I first noticed it and then stopped.

OP
OP
FangsAndGames

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2C23A426-4C33-4391-A7AA-4D3AA66AF838.jpeg
86679D85-D42A-4E51-A3F0-EE113B9B2403.jpeg

He doesn’t seem to be starved.

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back