White tips!?! Ack!

  • Thread starter Thread starter justjes45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
543
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has been happy for months and I looked today and noticed the tips are turning white!! Why? Can I stop it??
 
Ha ha! Forgot to add the photo!
5332e14798b7332bdc172f53bad6515f.jpg
 
Led lights,
I have it a bit off of the bottom of the tank, Med flow-
It has been pretty happy for a while...
 
Def burnt tips or stn. Not a good sign for that piece. Has your alk been steady? Your other sps acting ok?
 
Can I snip it off, or save it in any way?
I haven't changed the lighting,
Just the placement, but only sides of the tank, not in height..
Very sad...
 
Everything else seems fine, which is why I am puzzled...
 
Dip and adjust the lighting intensity. LED lights are wicked strong sometimes. Learned the hard way.
 
Need chemistry with nitrates and phosphates, and the usual alk, ca and mag. No lighting change then alk burns from a swing or too high a alk value and too low N and P values.
 
Hmm... I will test the water after work and get back to you!
Thanks so much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new