whitish-purple acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter benny z
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
2,415
Reaction score
57
Location
illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a positive id on this guy...

thinking maybe acropora horrida?

coral has more purple to it than what i could capture with the camera, and seems to be becoming more and more purple...

purplewhiteacro.jpg
 
Horrida. I have an aussie one like that and it's turning bluish/purple as well.
 
sweet!

how about lighting/flow preferences? from the coral dictionary it looks like it grows more branchy/twisty on reef slopes, and more bushy like mine is currently in shallower waters. i have had it tucked down on the sand bed and it's been gaining more of the purple hues...does it prefer lower light?

thanks!
- ben
 
benny I've had mine under pretty strong lighting for the last few weeks. About 15 inches from 400w radiums. I actually just moved it a tad closer to the lights haha. I'll see if it gets whiter or bluer.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new