Who ate my crabs???

  • Thread starter Thread starter ianryd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ianryd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2018
Messages
427
Reaction score
258
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to a double murder. Emerald crab missing legs and a shredded blue leg hermit crab body being devoured by a coral. Suspects are Exquisite fairy wrasse, pintail wrasse, red and white wrasse (i forget what type but not a fairy and not carpenter and not mccorsker), royal garamma, midas blenny, orange shoulder tang, pajama cardinal, and a few smaller gobys. Ive never seen any of them go after crabs before. I have found hermit crab bodies in the past though. Maybe they died of natural causes? So whodunnit?
 
Maybe the wrasses other crabs or its a molt
 
Well the emrald crab was a molt, but the hermit crab was definitely a gonner. But I like my wrasses more then I like hermit crabs, sooooo......
 
Perhaps you should replace the bluelegs with a larger type ?
 
Perhaps you should replace the bluelegs with a larger type ?
Thats a possibility. I used to have the bigger electric blue hermits, but I think they were pretty clumsy and destructive. Any other suggestions?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new