Who can ID this little guy for me?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was roaming through the fish section at Petco.
I will stop their and let you guys settle down again. I was their for Dog food. But being the reefer that I am I just HAD to wander through.

As usual, the selection was garbage and the tanks looked equally as bad. But this little guy caught my eye. He was very personable, and seemed pretty active. I know he is damsel, but what kind?
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you fellas. I’m not finding much on this fish, does anyone know how aggressive it is?

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I found was that they get about 4in in length and are found in coral reefs in the Western Pacific. I can't find anything about aggression but i would think being it's a damsel I would be cautious and watch Behavior with other fish.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh, not much info, how is he in the trade? Rare trade find at Petco?!
I was actually wondering if that's where you got it. When I worked at petco I would see them from time to time. The thing with petco is when they order assorted damsels that's exactly what they get. No names, just what ever is caught.
From what I've read they come into the trade from time to time.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually wondering if that's where you got it. When I worked at petco I would see them from time to time. The thing with petco is when they order assorted damsels that's exactly what they get. No names, just what ever is caught.
From what I've read they come into the trade from time to time.

I didn’t bring him home because I wasn’t sure how he would be with the reef I have now. And really didn’t want to risk it. Might consider it though.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one before beautiful colors but can be territorial and a little aggressive. I ended up giving it to a buddy with an aggressive Tank

That’s why I was worried about. I have a pretty calm tank. Don’t want to mess that up with one little fishy friend.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their seems to be a good wave of them into the hobby. Here is a trio in the DD and I saw one in my LFS.
IMG_0567.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back