Who can ship fish out today??

It's a pretty common method. I'm not sure it qualifies as misinformation. Either way it works, has worked, and will continue to work as long as you take the proper steps.
I wasn't necessarily arguing that the method is ineffective - rather that it should be practiced. It definitely works, it's more about subjecting livestock to improper and potentially fatal conditions
 
Traditional fish in cycles are frowned upon by the reefing community these days as there are better ways to cycle your tank without any harm to fish. It sound like you might be using starter bac, which in that case means you aren't doing a traditional fish-in cycle. Starter bac products like BioSpira, Turbo Start and One and Only are legit, well vetted, and provide near instant cycles.
 
I'm aware, but was hoping for a miracle. Start the cycle process and let my daughter see them before she leaves for several days. Worth a shot. Looks like I'll be waiting until next week.

No LFS here.
May be for the best- Things go wrong when we are not home.
 
Trusting PHD's, and research papers agreed on by a network of peers > what has "worked in the past".
:face-with-hand-over-mouth:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new