Who else does maintenance on there tank after midnight?

Blue Chromiis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
diving planting GIF by Earth Hour

Yeap that's me when work gets busy, me changing water and cleaning at 1-2am morning and wife be like - what are you doing.? Lol I say you didn't change the water when I was at work today. :winking-face-with-tongue:haha :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: and she just run back to bed - NO Comment. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use to (in my early 20’s) pick one night a week to do WC/filter socks/general cleaning/etc. Paired it with drinking, solid decision making. One beer turned to twelve pretty quick.
Every morning I’d wake up in a panic wondering what I had screwed up, only to find a ‘mostly’ all clear, except one night.
I was leaning on my sump, 23ish at the time, trying to grab something behind my tank. Full 55G glass sump shattered and my ex was woken up to me frantically grabbing towels and trying to catch water while yelling across the room “Baby get the shop vac!”. We didn’t own a shop vac…..
3am trip to Walmart by her and one lost deposit later, I don’t drink and maintain my tank anymore…..as often anyway.

20s? Who remembers those!

When not traveling, I get home from work at 11 p.m., it's the norm for me.

Not all of us work 9 to 5's with Saturday/Sunday off of work. I'm weird, 20+ years of graveyard work has broken my body clock.

I feel your pain, I work 1030 pm to 0700, by the time I come home and settle down it is around 11-12. then get the 4 ish hour nap in just to pick up the kid around 4. Not to mention all the texts, groupmes, scam callers, etc that seems to go off. Weird thing is, I wouldnt change a thing about it!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feel your pain, I work 1030 pm to 0700, by the time I come home and settle down it is around 11-12. then get the 4 ish hour nap in just to pick up the kid around 4. Not to mention all the texts, groupmes, scam callers, etc that seems to go off. Weird thing is, I wouldnt change a thing about it!
That's the thing about a graveyard schedule, your sleep is never solid. You either nap on the front end of the day or the back end. I used to get home at around 7 a.m. from work, fall asleep around 9, sleep until 12:00 (when I worked double shifts) or I'd get up around 2 p.m. for a bit, fall asleep from 6-8pm and back at it again.

I now avoid night shift like the plague anymore, but will still work it as needed to help someone out, or if I need a day off and someone else is willing to work for me.

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We’ll I’m 30 now, so if I couldn’t remember 1-10 years back we’d have a problem :grimacing-face:

Mackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all my problems tend to happen when i'm off to bed :face-with-tears-of-joy: , so in that sense I guess I do tank maintenance in the middle of the night

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back