Yeah, mine was fairly shy, was shocked that I was able to record it -- granted it was eating a coral, so that helped.
3 Dwarfs - YouTube
3 Dwarfs - YouTube
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Saltgator, I have kept Goldens on and off for a very long time. Back in the early 90's I was actually at the wholesaler at LAX when the first Goldens for the hobby came into the country. They have always caught my eye. However, in my experience they are one of the shyest fish in my tank. I have had a couple that will go months without being seen. The pair I have now are very different, one is a very dark rusty color and the second one I added is very red. I have not seen them "paired up". At the moment I am spending alot of time in front of the tank with the lights off and I see the goldens out and about during the day. But neither (and none that I have had in the past) ever takes food I put in the tank. They are clearly pickers (in my experience).
And the strange thing is I have talked friends into getting this fish and in their tanks they swim out and about in the water column.
Dave B
Yeah, mine was fairly shy, was shocked that I was able to record it -- granted it was eating a coral, so that helped.
3 Dwarfs - YouTube
Yeah, mine was fairly shy, was shocked that I was able to record it -- granted it was eating a coral, so that helped.
3 Dwarfs - YouTube
Thank you sir. Have a soft spot for dwarf angels, hence the reason I have 6 of them. If I could get away with another tank, I would have more. :)
That is the thing, if you accept that they may nip (( and even prevent you from getting certain corals/clams )), and still happy with them, then it was a great purchase.
Heck, how can I say no to this guy, even if he eats fleshy LPS.
![]()
Mine has been pretty good (( have had it for 2.25 years now )) with corals. Has left SPS (( still has PE )), zoas, clams and gonis alone. Really has only bothered fleshy type LPS.
Is it possible to train Angels? Maybe put it in QT with a coral that will sting it or is poisonous.... They can obviously learn so maybe.
As far as my Angels, I am sticking with Genicanthus. Bellus, Swallowtail, Watanebei, Lamark(Lamarck), and Blackspot/Lyretail. All reef safe. The only one I have now is the Bellus and am planning of having, at least, 3. But MAN, it is hard to stop there. They are so beautiful. FOWLR in the future!!! :)
Have a Majestic in mine
That is the thing, if you accept that they may nip (( and even prevent you from getting certain corals/clams )), and still happy with them, then it was a great purchase.
Heck, how can I say no to this guy, even if he eats fleshy LPS.
![]()
I love that fish so much I'd probably buy him some LPS to chew on!