Who has Golden angels?

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has golden angels in their reefs? Looking for videos and experiences with different types of corals, amounts of corals, size of tanks, singular or a pair, etc.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a Taiwanese reefer who has a pair, the male for 7 years and the female for about 5 years. Previous female died due to flukes, he also had it for about 6-7 years. He reports the very occasional coral nipping but nothing serious at all. He keeps softies and LPS. Tank’s a 4ft 120 so Standard 120.

I heard these Centropyge aren’t easy to keep so maybe he got lucky with very good specimens, but 7 years and 5 years shows that it’s not impossible to have long term success with them.

OP
OP
T

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success with anything comes from knowing what you need to be successful. Not many keep goldens because of the risk factor that come with angels and the cryptic nature of the fish.
Goldens are also difficult to source and thus are poorly (sometimes cyanide) collected making them even more difficult if you don’t have reputable people sourcing them.
The golden angel and nocturnus goby are 2 of my favorite fish, and both are cryptic. The nocturnus was 1 of the first fish i ever had and it did great.
Thanks for the reply
I know a Taiwanese reefer who has a pair, the male for 7 years and the female for about 5 years. Previous female died due to flukes, he also had it for about 6-7 years. He reports the very occasional coral nipping but nothing serious at all. He keeps softies and LPS. Tank’s a 4ft 120 so Standard 120.

I heard these Centropyge aren’t easy to keep so maybe he got lucky with very good specimens, but 7 years and 5 years shows that it’s not impossible to have long term success with them.

OP
OP
T

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re welcome. Yeah I’ve heard they’re sometimes csught using cyanide and even without it they’re just so cryptic all the time.

That’ sounds like a cool goby. How long did you have it for.

Had it a couple of years. They hang out upside down in the rock work and wait for food to come close. They dart out to get it and go back to their spot.
Similar to hawkfish how they will sit and wait, just upside down.

Back