Who has put together an IM stand?

FishMann410

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Location
PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stand for an IM 240 and for the life of me I can not get it perfectly square. I have loosened everything three times and this is the best I have gotten it.

Anyone got any tips?

Anyone running a large setup with this much overhang? How has it been?

PXL_20260508_230814707.jpg
 
I would recommend contacting customer service, I couldn't imagine paying well for a stand for it to be in that type of condition. I have to imagine they would remedy the situation for you. Best of luck
 
Yeah I did. His suggestion was to just loosen some locks and try again.
 
I used a speed square when attaching all the support pieces to ensure the were square to the pre-assembled pieces . I applied blue painters along the side of the pre assembled pieces and marked the locations they needed to be installed at on the painters tape. once installed remove the painters tape and check corner to corner for square. Mine was really close..less then a 1/16. Another thing once you get set-up and wet...the gate valve on the drain is extremely touchy, move it in super small increments and give it 10 min to normalize. It is a real silent drain system. I run mine where the water in the overflow is right at the top of the second emergency drain. Good luck with your build..
 
I have a stand for an IM 240 and for the life of me I can not get it perfectly square. I have loosened everything three times and this is the best I have gotten it.

Anyone got any tips?

Anyone running a large setup with this much overhang? How has it been?

PXL_20260508_230814707.jpg
Hard to tell from that pic. Is it the top pvc piece thats not lining up?
I have 3 ext's, 170,112,50.
That top piece was square on the 170&50. It was not on the 112 and looked like yours. The 112 is the new one with the legs which I did not use.
On my 112 build thread I had an issue with the stand not being square. One of the door panel end pieces were put together upside down. I switched them and was good to go. The black top piece was still not square.
20260421_150804.jpg
 
I have a stand for an IM 240 and for the life of me I can not get it perfectly square. I have loosened everything three times and this is the best I have gotten it.

Anyone got any tips?

Anyone running a large setup with this much overhang? How has it been?

PXL_20260508_230814707.jpg
Hard to tell from that pic. Is it the top pvc piece thats not lining up?
I have 3 ext's, 170,112,50.
That top piece was square on the 170&50. It was not on the 112 and looked like yours. The 112 is the new one with the legs which I did not use.
On my 112 build thread I had an issue with the stand not being square. One of the door panel end pieces were put together upside down. I switched them and was good to go. The black top piece was still not square.
20260421_150804.jpg
I like your duck decoy decor, looks like a pintail and a canvas back. possibly a Loon in front perhaps hard to tell
 
I like your duck decoy decor, looks like a pintail and a canvas back. possibly a Loon in front perhaps hard to tell
Yes A Loon. Duck hunting was a favorite hobby of mine years ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new