Who has the power?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mschmidt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1729095706367.gif
 
or more simply and not necessarily related to the brand, how many watts do you go for/hours of run time? and what do you run through it?
 
You know, i should invest in a battery backup/ generator since we often get storms here.
 
6750 Watts Storm Responder Gas Generator here. It's not sinewave, and it's not particularly quiet, but it's saved my reef more than once, and lots of groceries too!
 
You know, i should invest in a battery backup/ generator since we often get storms here.
Yeah, don't mess around. Get the biggest you can. Mine is something like a 7500/12000. It'll run two refrigerators, one freezer, my entire tank plus, really, anything else I need!
 
I bought something different, and it worked for what I needed and is now the camp phone charger.

Also just finished solar+battery for the house, so I knew it was temporary.

If the jackery would have arrived in time I’d have bought that.
 
Gas over battery backup/solar?

Moving to Washington and I expect power outages, so I'd like to plan.
Do both. I'm gonna. What part of Washington? I've hung my hat here x60 years.
 
I just picked up a Jackery power station (2000w). Who has one as a backup for themselves and how big is it?
I’m a hobbiest of these devices. 2000w is the inverter load it can handle. It’s sort of irrelevant

What are the watt hours (wh) for the model you bought? This is what will tell you runtime / capacity. Does it have pass through / ups functionality ?

Can you post a link to it?

And what devices are you connecting and how many watts are they? I can formulate a runtime for you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new